Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Moving forward into the Damery Googlized World.

The Domain is on and I am moving forward with Google domains. Although I was surprised that Google didn't really have my domain point to their servers but instead used a sort of redirect to a Personal Start page...much like the customized google page. The customized start page was a nice surprise.
I did not want to have a splash page so I just added a full page frame to fake like it is really my index.
I would like more control of layout and style, but I am sure I can figure that out as I go...
Pros:
  1. familiar layout for google users.
  2. many premade gadgets.
  3. ready for content quickly and I am able to add my already created blogs, Picasa web albums and Google documents.
Cons:
  1. Start page redirect. Maybe I have not set something up right...stay tuned.
  2. Had a little trouble with Start Page refresh when adding rss feed gadgets etc.
  3. Not enough style layout control yet.

I am going to be trying a few other web designs using the Google tools and I might have another Google domain going up.

Stay tuned as I get the calendar and other pieces in sync with the Damery World.

No comments: